The Maryland Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives will host a virtual seminar (via Zoom) on September 25 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm with Hardy Smith. The seminar will include two sessions: The first for Chamber Executives and Volunteer Leaders and the second for Chamber Executives Only. You may register for both or only one, but you MUST register.
To register, click on the registration button below, or go to the Maryland Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives website and register by clicking on the Event Calendar button on the left side of the screen.
A detailed description of each session, the cost for each session and an agenda for the two sessions are below. Once you have registered, an email will be sent with the log-in information for each session.
If you are unable to attend on September 25, but would like access to the information presented, please register so that you may review the materials at your convenience.
Session 1 Only = Chamber Execs & Volunteer Leaders ($15 MACCE Members/$25 non-MACCE Members)
Session 1: Recruiting, Retaining, and Leading Volunteers - Even During A Pandemic
Chamber leaders know volunteers can be their secret sauce for success or a real pain to deal with. A revolving cycle of Recruiting, Training, and Replacing is all too familiar for volunteer coordinators. And now there is the added difficulty of working with volunteers during a pandemic. Along with specific how-to take-aways being provided to help relieve volunteer related stress, Chamber execs and volunteer leaders attending this interactive session will learn:
- What the most critical success tip is for working with volunteers
- How to improve volunteer retention by improving their experience
- What the key volunteer program mistakes are to avoid
Session 2 Only = Chamber Execs ONLY ($15 MACCE Members/$25 non-MACCE Members)
Session 2: How To Keep Your Board Engaged - Even During a Pandemic
Chamber professionals constantly express frustration caused by board members not meeting engagement expectations. Now, during a pandemic, the challenge with keeping board members engaged is even tougher. Chamber executives attending this session will participate in a collaborative conversation designed to facilitate solutions for engagement issues.
- Be challenged to rethink engagement expectations
- Benefit from how-tos for recruiting board members with purpose and process
- Learn how to avoid board member relationship mistakes
- Learn how to communicate effectively with board members
~ MACCE Members-$30 for both Sessions
~ Non-MACCE Members-$50 for both Sessions
~Timeline: Friday, September 25th
- 9am: Attendee Log On
- 9:05am: Welcome Remarks
- 9:10am: Sponsor Remarks
- 9:15am: Presentation to Chamber Execs & Volunteer Leaders: Recruiting, Retaining, and Leading Volunteers even During A Pandemic
- 10:15am: Q&A
- 10:45am: BREAK
- 11am: Attendee Log On
- 11:05am: Welcome Remarks
- 11:10am: Presentation to Chamber Execs ONLY: How To Keep Your Board Engaged even During a Pandemic
- 12pm: Q&A
- 12:25pm: Closing Remarks
- 12:30pm: MACCE Membership Meeting
- 1:00pm: Adjourn
- By registering for the September 25th MACCE event, you are authorizing the release of your email address to Hardy Smith.
- If you have specific questions or concerns you’d like addressed during the seminar, please e-mail your questions/concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org